Tuesday 8 January 2013

Milestones

Milestones were once simply that: stones that marked the passing of miles. Now they are metaphorical, and they mark important moments in our lives.

This is not so grand as that, but I thought I'd mention it anyway because it's a small source of pride for me, and a little vice here and there is good for you. So I am really quite absurdly proud to say that last night my blog passed 2,000 views, which is a very small number compared to the number of people who watched Psy's record-breaking video (total as of 7pm, 8/1/13: 1,146,732,756).

On the other hand, this is a small blog about my life and despite the fact that there is a whole Internet of brilliant content out there - I know, I've seen less than 1% and it's amazing - you take the time to read about me every day. So thank you very much.

If you only come for the riddles then fair enough, they're pretty good riddles. Yesterday's asked

Why has nobody ever seen Donner?

And the answer is because Donner is German for thunder, and one cannot see sounds.

Today's question: if clocks had been invented in Australia, what time would this be?



My day today has been progressive. I've finally got my translation back with feedback, although the feedback is written in a hand that makes me long for the student evaluation forms again. He has promised a meeting in which I can berate him about his handwriting and we can finally close the book on this particular project. He's a really nice guy who laughs a lot and takes a lot of my teasing with great humour, but he gives as good as he gets.

So that project is nearly over, and it'll be something fun to add to my CV. You know, for a given value of "fun" approximately equal to 0.

I've signed up for French lessons in preparation for the TFI, the Test de Français International which will also look groovy on my CV. There will be groovy all over my CV. I may put an LP as a background to underscore how groovy it is.

I'm going to see if the QI elves can answer this question, because I'm rather chuffed with it. If you can, comment below. Answer tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment