Sunday 23 December 2012

In which our hero rediscovers television

Today started interestingly. Apparently I'm a deep sleeper. My father came in and had to wake me up to turn my alarm off, which is a little unsettling. I feel like I ought to be a little sharper on the uptake. A four minute warning would be a thirty second warning for me, and with that sort of timespan there wouldn't even be much point in getting out of bed. I will die as I have always wished to die. In bed.

In any case, I got up in good time to meet an old friend for a coffee at ten. Ten came. Ten passed.

As did quarter past, half past, and forty five minutes past the hour. Neither hide nor hair could be seen of the individual in mind. Finally, at five minutes to the hour, I received a call. She would be there in ten minutes.

I hunted her down and we strolled back to the coffee shop. She has similar career interests to me, and it's very pleasant to be able to shoot the breeze and talk shop with someone else. She's also a lot of fun, and we've known each other long enough to have plenty to chat about. It was quite a delightful way to spend a morning, and I recommend to anyone reading - find a friend and chat about the old times for a couple of hours. Wallow in a bit of nostalgia.

I will say, though, my afternoon has been utterly wasted. The television has been on, but nothing worthwhile is on at the moment. On the other hand, I've read all the books I have and, having asked for several titles for Christmas, I'm wary of buying anything new for my kindle.

I'm hideously aware of how first world my problems are.

No comments:

Post a Comment